cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Router not seeing TP-Link EAP

My TP-Link EAP225-Outdoor wifi extender was increasingly dropping out so I bought a like-for-like replacement. I kept cables, PoE Switch etc in place and simply swapped out the hardware. My BT Hub isn't seeing it, despite the switch showing 2 green lights on the port and the EAP advertising it's SSID. I thought the might be getting confused with the old EAP that was in it's list of devices, so I told the router to forget it.

I've got both old/new EAP225 connected to the switch, both showing two green lights, and both advertising their SSID, but neither of them are appearing on the list of devices on the Address Table. I have swapped out all hardware and cables.

Any advice on how I can get the Router/hub to recognise the EAP225s would be appreciated.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Router not seeing TP-Link EAP

even though they are not showing are the actually working as not unusual not to show in Hub address table

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 5

The SSID is totally irrelevant, it will transmit that regardless of connected or not.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

The old one was in the address table twice (one for each bandwidth), but there is no record now of either of them against the device name or the mac address. Similarly, I can't connect to either, suggesting that there isn't a local IP address assigned to it and it isn't connected to the internet.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

It does tell me that there is power going to the device though. It is powered via the PoE switch, so I felt it worth including the detail. This issue though, is that it doesn't seem to be seen by the hub/router, or vice versa.

0 Ratings