cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

SH2 Hub Manager Reporting Mystery Device on Port 2

Go to solution

I have a mystery phantom device showing on port 2. The mystery is that port 2 is empty, nothing connected to it.

A MAC address lookup reports Arcadyan Technology Corp, which is a Taiwanese firm.

I will factory reset the SH2 tomorrow just in case, but can anybody throw any light on this device?

IMG_0155.jpeg

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: SH2 Hub Manager Reporting Mystery Device on Port 2

Go to solution

I would try setting the "Filter" to "Show Connected" and see if it disappears - as it is, with "Show All" it will show any device that has ever been connected.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

According to this website:

The Arcadyan device on your network is most likely a DVD player or an LG Smart TV. Arcadyan Technology Corp develops wireless solutions for such electronic appliances.

I would check the MAC Addresses on those types of devices in their settings.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution
BT Wifi extender discs are made by Arcadyan. Do you have a disc, and did you connect it via cable temporarily to set it up?
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

@DarrenDevwrote:
BT Wifi extender discs are made by Arcadyan. Do you have a disc, and did you connect it via cable temporarily to set it up?

Hi @DarrenDev   

It did occur to me, that is a past life, I had Hybrid Connect and Complete WiFi, so I did wonder if that was some debris left over from those times. Thanks for confirming.

It is no surprise, that a factory reset has removed it. It upgraded to v0.41.01.10137-BT at the same time.

0 Ratings