cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 41

Re: SH2 WiFi unreliable

Go to solution

do I believe this, open reach tells me 21 is max I can receive! Fingers crossed. Will let you know if it drops again. Thanks719786F6-F1C9-4752-AF33-084C5FE3A7B1.jpeg

Message 22 of 41

Go to solution

Those figures look good, here's hoping it stays like that 👍

Message 23 of 41

Go to solution

Lasted 1 hour, now down to 4.25. Open reach engineer coming on Wed. With instructions from BT to enter property. 

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 41

Go to solution

@Les-Gibson wrote:

Those figures are impossible on ADSL2

Message 25 of 41

Go to solution

Just wanted to add that I was having these problems too recently. Had a fault open for about 4-5 months now. 

Rural area, same socket (7 in the image), copper wires, overhead lines into property. I'm sure we've been made to jump through all the loops BT can think of. 

After 8+ years of solid net, speed dropped from 45mbps to 15. Sometimes, like you, sitting at 1mbps-5mbps. BT will try to convince you it's your fault. Interference in the home, etc. 

I really wish you the best of luck, it's an absolute nightmare.

Hope the engineer shows up, will be checking this thread, please update us! 🙂

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 41

Go to solution

I am laughing,  but I should be crying! My records go back  from 2012 with broadband speed issues/ problems. Last week yet another engineer from Openreach came.

As my previous post we cannot access VCC / Zoom, because of the intermittent speeds and drop-outs 

Yesterday I was  offered the option to leave BT FREE OF CHARGE, are they having a laugh.

I have been with BT SINCE 1976 WATCH THIS SPACE!

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 41

Go to solution

@licquorice 

@licquoricewrote:

@Les-Gibsonwrote:

Those figures are impossible on ADSL2

I know, that's what makes it so impressive

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 41

Go to solution

Oh, god. 😞

I don't want to hijack the OP's post, but that does not inspire confidence at all. BT also offered me the same thing, if they couldn't fix it.

The funniest part of all is that they're all BT's lines here. They're all BT's ancient copper wires. Lol, and it'd be the same Openreach engineers no matter who you're with, right?

BT are more than fine with leaving you with no internet. 

Perhaps try to contact Ofcom? I'm as desperate as you are. 😞

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 41

Go to solution

When I threatened to leave  BT today when in a strop, they said ok? We will release you from your contract! But when I said what other provider can I use that doesn't use open reach service they said none, except for Virgin....

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 41

Go to solution

That's not altogether true.

Satellite internet is also available albeit a little more expensive. I'll probably get my wrist slapped if I post a link but have you never heard of FreedomSat? Google have