cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

SH2 showing blue light but no connection on devices.

Hello, 

I have used BT for many years without any issues. Things always ran smoothly. However I recently moved to a new flat (always in London) and I am experiencing a lot of issues. 

A new line was set up in my property on August 12th, the connection worked perfectly for 2 days and then I continued to have a blue light on my hub and full bars but no connection on my devices (iPhone, Mac, Samsung smart tv etc) 

After many calls with BT an Openreach engineer came to look at the issue on Monday 19th and again, it worked perfectly for 2 days and now I experience the same issue. 

I have done factory resets, turned off and on my devices and been on the phone with BT while they try things remotely and nothing helps. 

When the engineer came on the 19th, they claimed someone had switched my lines (he was not really elaborating but said the problem should be fixed) but I find it hard to believe the exact same issue happened twice each after 2 days of perfectly running WiFi? 

Does anyone know how to solve this issue? I’m really struggling here as I work from home and I also feel a bit sick paying my full bills when I’m not getting any WiFi! 

I’d also switched to Fibre Halo 3 when I moved, with the option of no landline (as I never use it) could this be causing the issues?

Please help if you can. 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: SH2 showing blue light but no connection on devices.

Do you have a device that you can connect to the SH2 via ethernet to check whether there is no internet there, as it seems you are mentioning the issue is just there with WIFI.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
Message 3 of 5

Hi 🙂 

i do have an iMAC I just haven’t set it up in the move yet. I could try this. 

However I have had great days of WiFi in the flat so I know it’s possible… would you have any idea why it would all of a sudden not work? 

Thank you! 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Well you need to discover where the issue is, if its WIFI investigate there....but to discovery if there is an actual internet related issue you'll need to be connected to the SH2 via ethernet, if internet is available via ethernet the entire time when there are WIFI drop outs then you have a lead. If the internet is also unavailable via ethernet then the plot thickens further, especially with a solid blue light on the SH2.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Why not download a WiFi analyser App onto your mobile phone and see what is in your flat and around you? May not prove anything but it's amazing just how  many signals including your own are pervading your space.

0 Ratings