cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Security cameras with new BT hub

Hi All,

I’ve just set up my new BT hub, and all seems well, except it won’t recognise my security cameras on the new wi-fi network? They worked fine with my previous Sky router.

Is there some security gizmo on the new BT router which blocks certain devices?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Security cameras with new BT hub

Which BT Hub is this please e.g. Smart Hub 2 ? If so, trying turning of 5Ghz band in Home Hub Manager and so forcing your device to connect to the 2.4Ghz band. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

try going into hub manager 192.168.1.254 and the wireless then turn off the 5ghz network and then try connecting you cameras.  assuming they now connect then go back and re-enable the 5ghz

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 4 of 4

The cameras are probably 2.4Ghz, some folks report the SH2 can be funny with 2.4Ghz devices when onboarding them, or the other way around.

Anyway, one thing to try is to switch off the 5Ghz Radio in the router, onboard 2.4Ghz devices then switch the 5Ghz back on again. This has been recommended a few times for this type of scenario... 

@imjolly types faster than me.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings