cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Sky Q problems / smart setup

Hi, 

I appreciate this has come up before, but we have the problem of our Sky Q box disconnecting from the network every evening. I have tried many of the fixes suggested but one thing that seems to work for many people is switching off the smart setup on the hub. I have tried to do this but I can’t find where the option exists to do that - has it been removed?

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks I’m advance. 

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Sky Q problems / smart setup

have you turned of smart setup  

Turn Off smart setup

I would also change the 5ghz network channel to manual from auto and select another channel to channel 36 which is used by SKYQ - try 44 or48

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 9

Thanks for the reply. I’m just not able to see the smart setup option in the hub manager and that’s why I was wondering if it’s still there?

thanks for the other suggestion, will try that. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

which hub version do you have?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

It’s a smarthub 2. Thanks so much for the help. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Still there

smart.jpg

Message 7 of 9

I’m going to try firing up the laptop as I’m not getting that option on my phone! Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Yes that worked - that option just wasn’t showing on my iPhone but it was there when I connected on the laptop. I really appreciate you helping me out, thanks very much 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go into wireless devices and assign each one to have that IP address permanently. DCHP leasing is for a 24hours by default,. this cause an issue whereby the mini boxes keep looking for the main box

0 Ratings