cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Slow broadband

Go to solution

Been with BT broadband for a month.  Complained of slow speed.  Engineer visited and said he'd fixed it.  He hadn't.

Registered athe faukt again on 12th August.  Still not fixed.  Have been informed that my home setup is OK but there's a "Network fault" that they are looking into.  No progress.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Slow broadband

Go to solution

If you only joined 1 month ago I assume you are on FTTP  so which package do you have

Is your download speed that is the problem so are you using WiFi or ethernet to connect your devices.  What speeds using ethernet do you get if you you run  fast.com

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

I don't know what FTTP is.

I'm connected via WiFi.  Ethernet not practical.

The engineer who visited said there was no problem with my setup and that there was a problem on the network.

Fast.com was showing 1.73 download in WiFi.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

FTTP  - fibre to the premises/home as opposed to FTTC - fibre to the cabinet and copper to your home

There are no guarantees on download speeds and no ISP will guarantee connection speed over WiFi due to the problems with interference.  You need to try with ethernet connection at least for a test to show speed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

It's FTTC.

The engineer who visited tested my WiFi connection and assured me it was fine and BT have subsequently said my system is fine, that it's anetwork problem that Openreach were looking into.

I don't accept that a provider can offer a service that claims to offer up to 32 Mbs and averages below 5Mbs.

I had the same system (FTTC) in my previous property with no problem.

Every communication I've had from BT whether via Chat, Telephone or email has just tried to place the blame on me and has come up with a variety of excuses.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

All speeds quoted by BT are connection speeds to your router not download speeds to your device.  Have you tried using a WiFi analyser on your phone to see what channels are in use by your neighbours then go to hub WiFi and select a free or less congested channel?  Are you WiFi devices connecting to 5ghz network not the 2.4ghz?

Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

Can you please recommend a WiFi analyser for Android which isn't rendered unusable by ads  ?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

there are plenty on play store  I use Wifi |Analyser app

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

The WiFiAnalyser is open source . Its the one by VREM Software Development.

https://vremsoftwaredevelopment.github.io/WiFiAnalyzer/

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

Found it.  Thank you.

0 Ratings