cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Slow connection on WiFi, poor latency.

I have fttp 900mb package, there's only two of us in the house, two floor 3 bed house, but upstairs on xbox the speed and latency is poor and I'm having no end of issues. Firstly I can't join parties, says there's an error 90% of the time and it's only me impacted, secondly the nat type sits as unknown or "getting info" when I'm connected directly to the WiFi so it should be open. As a result, the download speed is max 80mbps and latency shows over 100 despite 0% pack loss and 100% wireless strength, which is a joke for the package I'm on. Any ideas on things i can try?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Slow connection on WiFi, poor latency.

Try moving the xbox  close to the router and connect it by ethernet to run performance some tests. If that performs properly switch to WiFi and re-perform the tests. If the tests show WiFi is OK when the router and xbox are close by then you can be reasonably certain that it is a WiFi problem caused by what is between the two. You can try moving the positions of xbox & router to see if that improves matters, of you could try Powerline adapters (ones with WiFi are available) but make sure you can return them in case of continued ppp (p*** poor perfomance).

If having xbox and router close to each other works ok with ethernet but not with WiFi it might be worthwhile trying a WiFi analyser (I use WiFi Analyser on W10) as it could be neighbours using the same WiFi channel or other equipment on the same frequency.

Report the results back on here as there may be other suggestions depending on what you find such as adding an AP.

0 Ratings