cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Hub 3 event log keeps issuing DHCP is full events and we can’t make Wi-Fi connections

Hi. I was asked to have a look at our village shops broadband as there were issues where users were trying to connect to it via Wi-Fi. It appeared that they were passing authentication e.g we’re seeing a tick against the Wi-Fi network on say an iPhone, but then the Wi-Fi icon wouldn’t appear in the top corner (rather say 4G)

The same issues were happening when trying to connect a Wi-Fi card payment machine.

I managed to access the hub using the admin password and can see on the events that there appears to be a running number of events saying DHCP is full.

On the connections tab I can see a number of devices shown with IP addresses and also the items which are connected directly to the hub LAN ports.

Some of the connections have a capital ‘D’ over the image icon on the left while others don’t.

Can anyone advise a) what can we do to resolve the DHCP is full events, and b) any idea why there are different default icons on some of these (what I assume are old) connections please ?

Thanks in advance

Rich

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Hub 3 event log keeps issuing DHCP is full events and we can’t make Wi-Fi connections

@RichieRichie 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

Do they have BT Business Broadband? I would expect that to be the case, especially if they have a card machine.

It may be best to ask on the BT Business Forum, especially as that is a very old hub.

https://business.forums.bt.com/

The only way to resolve DHCP issues on the BT hubs, is by a factory reset of the hub.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Re: Hub 3 event log keeps issuing DHCP is full events and we can’t make Wi-Fi connections

Thanks very much for the quick reply and input Keith! 😎

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

The BT hubs used on both business and residential, have a bug, where the DHCP entries never expire, so eventually it runs out of allocations.  This is made worse by devices using random MAC addressing, as each new MAC address, uses up another IP address.

A factory reset is the only way to clear it.

0 Ratings