cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 1

Smart Hub 2 Capacity

Hi all,

I previously posted a question about Smart Hub 2 capacity as I appeared to be suffering wifi drop out and intermittent connectivity.  The suggested solution was to factory reset hub. This did work, however, the problems has re occured within 6 weeks. I will factory reset again but anticipate problems will re-occur.

With IoT devices, laptops, printers smart TVs etc etc I have circa 60 devices connected to my home network which comprises a gigabit backbone with 6 gigabit ethernet switches located at key access points. I have 3 black wifi discs attached to the hub via the gigabit backbone.

Before I consider replacing my Smarthub 2 I would like to undertake further investigation as to cause of drop outs and slow speed. I would like to identify if slow speed issue are a result of load on the broadband link ( I currently have Superfast at 64 Mbytes ... upgrading in 4 weeks to Ultrafast 900 Mbytes service ) or load on the internal network.

There are times when my speed tests (using a wifi attached laptop) drop to 4-6 Mbytes per second and then repeating the test  2 minutes later rise to 54 Mbytes per second. I have 4 Ring cameras which auto upload a minute of HD video when they detect motion ...... its possible it is these causing some of the problem. 

What I would like to do is to determine whats loading my network when so that I can take the appropriate action. Any suggestions/advice welcome. Tks

0 Ratings