cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 41

Smart Hub 2 and Bridge Mode

Go to solution

Hello, I have just upgraded my wireless to the netgear orbi 960 and I want to use my Smart hub just as a modem is this possible if so please advice on how to setup, if not can someone suggest a BT compatible modem\router I can buy

Thank you

0 Ratings
40 REPLIES 40
Message 2 of 41

Re: Smart Hub 2 and Bridge Mode

Go to solution

You cannot set the SH2 in modem mode not possible

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 41

Go to solution

ok thanks, I thought the business Smart hub 2 did have a bridge mode, maybe I'm wrong

does anyone have a suggestion for a BT Compatible modem pls

thanks

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 41

Go to solution

Huawei HG 612 from eBay

Message 5 of 41

Go to solution

Thanks , just a thought would a old BT Hub 5 work?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 41

Go to solution

No residential BT hubs have a bridge mode.

However, if you are happy to use a BT hub as the router, you can simply connect the Orbi in wireless access point mode. Turn off the WiFi on the hub if you don't want 2 networks.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 41

Go to solution

The 960 seems complete overkill if you only have an FTTC connection. I assume you don't have FTTP.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 41

Go to solution

I had 5 of these 

BT Whole Home Wi-Fi 6 but got fed up with them losing connections and dropping out, the last straw was BT dont sell them anymore and havent for some time and last week the main disc decided to return to its default SSID and dropped out my IP Cameras and other stuff

So went for the Netgear Orbi 960E at least they are current and so far work very well

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 41

Go to solution

ok thanks, I thought the business Smart hub 2 did have a bridge mode, maybe I'm wrong

Yes, you can easily set the BT Business Hub up to enable bridge mode.

However, you make no mention in your opening post or thread title that you have a Business Account and thus have a Business Hub.

Therefore, other forum members will all be assuming that you are talking about the normal Smart Hub, and as mentioned already in this thread, you can't do that with the Smart Hub sent out to residential consumers.

This has been asked many times over in this forum, a quick search before posting would save posting same or similar question.

I do not subscribe, so please do not always expect a reply.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 41

Go to solution
Maybe I'll buy a Business Smart Hub 2, I'm told that has a bridge mode, thanks
0 Ratings