cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Smart Hub 2 interference Shokz Bluetooth headphones.

Just had fibre installed and have a brand new Smart Hub 2 (speed is x10 what is was before!).  I'm sitting about a metre away from the hub and it seems to be interfering with my bluetooth headphones, i.e. sound is very, very choppy (mostly chop actually).  If I turn my head to the side, the sound comes back.

Anyway I turned of 2.4 on the Smart Hub wifi but it doesn't seem to make any difference.  Does anyone have any thoughts on what I can do about this?  Btw I'm not 100% certain it's the Smart Hub but let's put it this way, my equipment is all in the same place it was before and I never had this problem, though the old broadband wifi unit was across the room so that might be different.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Smart Hub 2 interference Shokz Bluetooth headphones.

Weirdly... I just plugged in my desktop PC Wifi antennae and the problem seems to have gone away. I'd love an explanation. Was the PC Wifi continually switching channels or something... trying to get a stable signal...
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Wireless power would have been reduced, once a connection was established.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Interesting...

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

@Keith_Beddoe , quick question... Do I just take my ancient Open Reach box and hub to recycling?  Nobody from OR or BT has asked me to return it so I assume this is what I do with it.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Anything supplied by BT, prior to 13th December 2019, can be recycled by you, as its your property.

After that date, its only loaned, and needs to be returned to BT.

Message 7 of 10

Well done for posting up the solution to your problem, if anyone else has a similar problem  they could find an answer rather than a thread that tops without any explanation.

If you ever want an ethernet switch you could reuse your old hub, likewise if you wanted a WiFi for guests you could simply re use the old hub so you didn't have to pass on your SH2 WiFi password or change it on umpteen things after guests have been connected. If you have several IOT things like switches you could separate them onto a different WiFi access point to your SH2. Depending on which model the old hub is ,it may be usable in place of the SH2 should the SH2 give problems for any reason. I suspect many of the more experienced users on this forum have one or two old routers around just in case!

Message 8 of 10

"Anything supplied by BT, prior to 13th December 2019, can be recycled by you, as its your property.
After that date, its only loaned, and needs to be returned to BT."

I wonder what BT do with the equipment that is returned to them? I suspect they just send it all for recycling so them paying for the postage for every return seems a bit pointless - and wasteful
Message 9 of 10

Kit that is still current such as Smart Hub2 or complete WiFi discs, are refurbished and re-used.

Message 10 of 10

@chrisjp wrote:
I wonder what BT do with the equipment that is returned to them? I suspect they just send it all for recycling so them paying for the postage for every return seems a bit pointless - and wasteful

See link

How to return and recycle your BT equipment for free | BT Help