cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Smart Hub 2 wifi issue

I am trying to set up an Android TV box. When I connect it to my BT Smart Hub 2's wifi, it shows good signal strength, but it cannot connect to the internet. If I choose to connect to BT WiFi instead of my main network, however, the box can connect to the internet.

I have tried switching off the 5 GHz network in the Smart Hub but that didn't help.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Smart Hub 2 wifi issue

have you turned off smart setup in hub manager

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Yes, I turned Smart Setup off when I received the hub. I have checked just in case but it is still off.

EDIT: Tried restarting the Hub - didn't do any good, though the TV box now says the signal is "Excellent"

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Today I managed to do what I should have done sooner and tried the box out on a different wifi network, one which doesn't use a Smart Hub, and it worked perfectly, confirming that the problem is definitely with the Smart Hub 2.

This seems odd to me, since there are 4 other Android devices in our house all of which work fine with the Smart Hub 2.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

The answer to this issue turned out to be not what I expected.

I phoned BT, and a very helpful BT employee went over all the settings etc. with me then surprised me no end by saying that BT blocked certain IPTV devices.... not what I thought I would hear!

0 Ratings