cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Smart Hub as access point

Go to solution

Hi all. Just ordered my FTTP package with BT and I did include the smart hub 2. Excited to get the speed boost compared to my previous ISP.

I will actually be using an OpenWRT configured router to have some more features available to me, however this router does not have WiFi capability unfortunately. Is it possible to put the smart hub into a bridge mode/access point mode to create the WiFi network and receive DHCP addresses from the OWRT router over an ethernet cable? If not, I need to make arrangements and order an access point, but I like the idea of having additional LAN ports available.

Cheers

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Smart Hub as access point

Go to solution

Yes, it has been described countless times on the forum.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

@licquorice - thank you! I did see some links but they gave me an error when I tried to open them. This helps tremendously! 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Just give the hub an IP address outside the DHCP range of the main router, turn off DHCP, make sure FTTP mode is set to off in order to enable port4 as a LAN port and connect the 2 devices LAN port to LAN port.

Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Thank you! 

Also, confirming that when I set the 3rd party router up - it's a PPPoE connection, username: bthomehub@btbroadband.com and password: BT?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Yes

0 Ratings