cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Smart hub 2 ssid renaming

Go to solution

I've just spent half a day trying to remap my IoT devices from my Hub 6.  But after spending some time with the BT web chat experts!!!! Who assured me I can't split the 2.4 and 5 Ghz wifi networks into two different SSID's using the My BT App it seems not. Just reaching out to the community just in case. But it seems that the Smart hub2 isn't as smart as my Hub 6. I'm hoping that someone in Adastral Park picks this up!

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Smart hub 2 ssid renaming

Go to solution

You can not split the two frequencies and as such you can not give them individual SSIDs.

Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

This has been covered many times on the forum and the answer is you cannot split the 2.4/5ghz networks on the SH2 and it was done purposely by BT.  there is no good reason why your devices cannot connect to the one SSID

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

As has been discussed on this forum ad nauseum for years.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks to one and all who answered... And a typo on my original post.. : (

The BT web chat expert assured me I COULD spilt the SSID's. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

They can be split on the Smarthub but not the Smarthub 2 so perhaps the CS agent was unaware of the difference.... although they should have been.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution
If I'd have known this I would not have purchased the wretched thing!
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

a. Why would you buy an ISP router rather than a proper third party device?

b. Proves the value of research before buying

c. What problems does having the same SSID for both bands give you?

Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

If you have 2 hubs (and if you actually bought one I assume so, you can link them together via Ethernet and use a different SSID on each one for a different frequency. On the second hub (I'll assume Hub 6) first disable dhcp, then set the ip range to a static one not used o the other hub for dhcp, eg 192.168.1.10, then set the SSID on the frequency you want to what you require and different to that on the first hub. Swtch off connect the 2 hubs and switch back on you should then have the benefit (?) of the SH2 but also split SSIDs and 2 extra ethernet ports if you need them.

0 Ratings