cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Smart hub2, digital voice and mesh system

I have recently been switched to digital voice and need to use the smart hub 2. This does not work well in my house drop outs, connection issues and cannot split the 5 and 2ghz. I am looking at a mesh system . Any recommendations on this and how I would set this up. My tech knowledge is fairly basic so need something fairly easy We only have broadband fibre to cabinet as we live in a village with max speeds of 38mbps. Thanks

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Smart hub2, digital voice and mesh system

@Michellescott69 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Residential phone and broadband customers.

These work well in access point mode, and can be configured to have separate 5GHz and 2.4Ghz networks, by using the additional guest network.

https://www.tp-link.com/uk/home-networking/deco/deco-e4/

You connect one of them to an Ethernet port on the BT Smart Hub 2.

Either two, three or more nodes can be used. I use four, as one of them is in the garage at the bottom of the garden.

https://www.tp-link.com/uk/home-networking/deco/deco-e4/v1%20(3-pack)/

Message 3 of 4

Many thanks. Will look at these.
So in theory. I turn off Wi-Fi on the smart hub 2. Connect one via Ethernet port and put the other one or two around the house to be the best signal
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Its managed by an app on a smartphone, and you can see the signal levels of each node, and every device connected to each node.

It has a setup wizard which makes things easy. It defaults to "router" mode, but its easy to swap to "access point" mode.

There is a main SSID which is normally dual band, and a guest network with a separate SSID which can be configured as 2.4GHz only, and can be enabled to allow access to the main network.

I use that 2.4GHz only network, for some of my CCTV cameras that work best on that band.

0 Ratings