cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Smart life devices not working through hub 2

Hi,

I recently moved over to bt from sky but my smart bulbs (smart life) aren't able to work with it.

I've tried changing to 2.4 frequency, changing the channel and moving them close to the hub but nothing has worked. 

Smart life are just saying get a better router but I don't think that's an option.

Any ideas?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Smart life devices not working through hub 2

Go to hub manager then wireless a d turn off the 5ghz network. Now connected your smart devices to the 2.4ghz network and once all connected and settled then re-enable the 5ghz network.

There are many posts on forum like yours if you search

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for the reply. 

I tried that but it didn't work.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

The wireless reliability of the SH2 is poor and not just in range. If you still have your old router, convert it to a wireless point and use that with your smart devices. 
see https://www.avforums.com/threads/faq-using-two-routers-together-extending-wi-fi.1554662/

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

I've a number of Smart life sockets - as i recall there are two options to connect to the wifi, only one of them worked.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Try resetting (not just re-starting) both your hub and your smart devices.

You can always backup your configuration and restore it again later if you're reluctant to reset the hub because of any custom settings you may be using

0 Ratings