cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Smarthub 2 v Netgear RAX10

Go to solution

Hi All.

We had BT fibre installed yesterday - switching over from Virgin Media cable.  

The previous set up was the Virgin hub was connected to a Netgear Nighthawk RAX10 Router.  To provide wifi around the house we have 3 BT Whole home discs two of which are connected by ethernet via a TP Link switch.  My plan was simply to move the connection between the Virgin Hub and Netgear router to the new BT fibre modem but that didn't work.  

From what I can tell thats something to do with the login details and broadband username,which I can sort just by resetting the Netgear and putting in the right username.

However my real question is it worth it?  Whilst I understand the Netgear is Wifi 6, I don't have any devices that can use Wifi 6 so not sure if there will be any actual performance bump.

So far all seems good with the Smart hub so just not sure if its worth messing with something thats working.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Smarthub 2 v Netgear RAX10

Go to solution

did you get digital voice or just broadband only?  if former then hub needs to be connected direct to modem/ONT.

if no digital voice then just a matter of preference how you want to set up whether with SH2 or netgear

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Smarthub 2 v Netgear RAX10

Go to solution

Thanks for that very swift response - much appreciated.

We've just got broadband, so I'll probably just stay with what works as its all behaving itself at the moment.

0 Ratings