cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 35

Re: Solid Orange Light - Engineer coming out Wednesday but my work relies on internet

You can't contact OpenReach, they're not end user facing, their customers are the ISPs'.

Afraid you're at BT's mercy

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 35

Re: Solid Orange Light - Engineer coming out Wednesday but my work relies on internet

I have no idea what this 'guide' is that you refer to. There is no setting up involved, the hub simply connects to either your master socket if FTTC or the optical modem (ONT) if you have full fibre (FTTP). You can then connect your device either by Ethernet cable or WiFi to the hub.

With an orange light you can still connect to the hub management page at 192.168.1.254 in any case.

As @Les-Gibson  says, the orange light indicates that you have physical connection but the account has not been activated.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 35

so what should I do if my account hasn’t been activated? 

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 35

Did you miss my post?

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 35

@Nathan_Johnson 

Its not a BT Retail person they send out, its an Openreach Field Technician who has the equipment to check the connection. I am assuming this is an optical fibre connection and the Openreach ONT is not showing any error?

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 35

Well BT best sort this issue out then because other residents in my block have BT and theirs works so hopefully it’s something the engineer can sort. 

Just my luck every time I’ve moved I’ve had problems with internet, I must be cursed

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 35

Literally the guide that tells you about the lights mate

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 35

If you’re on about the modem with the green lights on it yes showing no error, the hub is orange light when connected. The flats I live in seem to have access to full fibre as I’ve seen the connection all around the building and where the wires go and others who live here don’t seem to be having issues 

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 35

I'm out...

Message 20 of 35

@Nathan_Johnsonwrote:

If you’re on about the modem with the green lights on it yes showing no error, the hub is orange light when connected. The flats I live in seem to have access to full fibre as I’ve seen the connection all around the building and where the wires go and others who live here don’t seem to be having issues 

It would have helped a great deal if you had thought to include that minor little detail in your original post.

Is the LOS lamp red (it shouldn't be) ? note that neither the LOS or the PON lamps should flash.

If the correct lamps are lit then you could cross your fingers and try a factory reset of the hub on the off-chance, new hubs have been known to require a reset in the past.

0 Ratings