cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 35

Re: Solid Orange Light - Engineer coming out Wednesday but my work relies on internet

A long shot, but have you tried a different ethernet cable between the ONT and the Hub?

Message 22 of 35

Re: Solid Orange Light - Engineer coming out Wednesday but my work relies on internet

Just tried that and no luck 

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 35

Sorry mate, kind of flustered and didn’t see your post in most of replies… not the most robust reply system going for this. 

Smart Hub 2 

im one down from the fastest one they provide if that means anything from the winter sale that was going on. Think the fastest was 900mbps and I’m on the 500mbps one 

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 35

Have you tries a factory reset of the home hub?

The hub has two modes, one for FTTC and one for FTTP.  

On FTTP, port 4 is used as the WAN connection to the ONT.

You can select the mode by logging into the hub manager. Not sure what the factory default is, but if its FTTC, then that would explain why you are getting an orange light.

Message 25 of 35

No need to get rude like that, quite an ignorant reply when I just simply didn’t see the post. As mentioned this community thread isn’t the best designed.

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 35

How would I go about doing that? I’m quite a tech guy but not with internet connections, I’m mainly a PC guru when it comes to fixing them and all that. 

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 35

1. The factory reset button is on the back of the Hub just above the power socket
  2. With the Hub switched on, push the reset button for five seconds and then release it
  3. The Hub will now reset. This can take up to five minutes to complete
  4. When the light on the front of the Hub has returned to a stable blue colour, you can continue
  5. To reconnect to the Hub, you'll need to use the default SSID name and password on the back of the Hub
  6. The admin password will also have been reset to the default value 
Message 28 of 35

That’s the thing my hub has never been in this blue colour for the light. I’ll try this but I don’t have high hopes

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 35

tried it and didn’t work mate, still got an orange light and it doesn’t even go to blue. Straight onto orange.

It says on the hub manager that my broadband is disconnected so I looked into this.

there was a button that says connect so my eyes lit up. It said connecting. 

then after waiting, it said disconnected with a tick. Great 

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 35

@Nathan_Johnson 

from all the posts if you have checked that you are connected ethernet port 4 and you have set your hub to FTTP on in hub manager and light still orange then your line has not yet been activated.  there is nothing you can change and need BT to activate your account.  Have you tried phoning FTTP TEAM 08005874787 and see if they can help - have serial number of ONT handy

if redirected to CS then hang up and try later

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.