cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 15

Re: Some devices on wifi don't get an internet connection

Go to solution

Interesting. 

I plugged the Plusnet router back in and the Amazon tablet connected to the wifi no problem but still reports no internet connection.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 15

Go to solution

As I said, I think you need to enter BT credentials in place of the PlusNet username & password.

bthomehub@btbroadband.com

BT

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 15

Go to solution

In that case the situation is that your devices are still trying to connect to the plusnet router, you need to tell them to forget that network and connect to the BT SSID instead OR (easy option) change the Wi-Fi SSID and password of the SH2 to match those of the Plusnet router

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 15

Go to solution

@Shropyfella wrote:

Thanks, tried that but got the same result. 

I can get then to change IP addresses but they still will not connect to the internet. The Amazon tablet says it's connected to the wifi with a strong signal but reports no internet connection. 

It is not your devices that need to change IP address it is the Smarthub's public IP address that was to change if you turned the Smarthub off.

Did you try my other suggestion in message 7 :- "If you have not cleared out the Plusnet router's details from your camera and tablet and assuming you still have the Plusnet router's SSid (Name) and password you could try changing your BT Smarthub's SSid and password to that of the Plusnet router to see if the Camera and Tablet connect to those details" 

Message 15 of 15

Go to solution

I switched the router off for half an hour etc but there was no difference. On reading this I checked the IP address and it was the same so I switched the router off last night and back on again this morning. The IP address had changed and everything is now connecting to the internet and my c cameras are back on line.

Many thanks to everyone for your help and advice and in particular gg30340

0 Ratings