cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Sonos Home Hub 2 - iOS controller looses connection

I switched to BT in February and have the Home Hub 2. In recent weeks I’ve been experiencing issues with my Sonos speakers. The controller on iOS looses the connection to them periodically, with the only way to resolve being a Wi-fi reboot. It doesn’t seem to have a rhythm to when it looses connection, and it can happen to either the iPhone or iPad at different times. I’ve completed some troubleshooting suggested by Sonos, including turning off smart setup and rescanning my Wi-fi channels. I’ve identified the issue is the Sonos speakers are on the 2.4ghz network and my iOS devices are on the 5ghz network. Any suggestions on how to resolve as it’s a pain having to reboot the Wi-fi every day or so.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Sonos Home Hub 2 - iOS controller looses connection

Hi.

I have 4 speakers and had this problem which is a tad irritating!

I found that when i added WiFi repeaters so that the signal to the speaker was stronger the issue cleared. I now have BT Complete WiFi and very rarely have a problem.

Regards

Tim

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Sonos Home Hub 2 - iOS controller looses connection

Seems the latest HH2 firmware update around 10/04/21 screwed up the hubs ability to communicate between 5ghz and 2.4ghz devices. Sonos only uses 2.4. I have a house full of Sonos so its really irritating. Only fix for mow is to disable the 5ghz until BT have fixed this, apparently they are aware but how long?????

0 Ratings