cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 16

Re: Speeds dropping with BT smart hub 2

Hi. Thanks for the reply. Yes tried changing the band. I have a new hub which bt thought might help but didn’t. Used both 5 and 2.4 but same problems persist. Yes we do have WiFi but it doesn’t seem to work beyond the room where the router is. The discs are literally next door eg hall, bedroom, kitchen (in a small bungalow)  but are not picking up the signal all the time, even though they are staying blue. They won’t work at all on an early morning when I really need it to work. My guaranteed speed is 35 so this should be able to operate a tv. This is why I’m thinking there might be some congestion issues

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 16

congestion might slow the speed but normally only at peak times so would be fine off  peak.

try a wifi analyser on your phone and check for neighbour's wifi and channels in use and also use app in other rooms and see what signal strength shows on the app - assuming it picks up your wifi

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 13 of 16

I’ve tried to use the app when the signal isn’t reaching the disc and it won’t load, just get loading dots on screen or error message, the app only works when the WiFi is in that room. I checked the network from the main room and this says that the disc connections are good even though they won’t connect. This is real baffling. I’ve just changed the 5ghz channel to 44 because noticed it was on 36. Think the issue is during peak times eg 7am because doesn’t work then. Today the bedroom tv (linked to smart disc) wouldn’t work until 12.30 then went off at 2pm but it’s bank holiday so a lot of people at home. 

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 16

Someone had a vaguely similar issue recently with discs providing no WiFi. The last thing that was tried that appeared to work was turning off the WiFi on the Hub completely & having one disc connected to it by ethernet. Can't hurt to give it a try.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 16

So turn off the WiFi from the hub but connect a disc via Ethernet and leave the other 2 discs where they are ?? Will give this a try in the morning, thank you

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 16

A number of users including myself have issues with the wireless performance and reliability of the SH2. I get around it by running a wired wireless point.

0 Ratings