cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

TV Won't Talk to Router

Go to solution

My mother in law has a Panasonic TV and I have tried a couple of times to set it up to accept Freeview services. This morning I once more tried to connect the TV to the router by WiFi and the automatic process failed. The TV lists the router but will not connect to it. It suggests that this may be to do with being unable to find gateway and DNS addresses. It also seems to be suggesting that this is because the protocol being used by the TV is for IPv6.

On checking the router, I can see the TV but cannot find specific addresses for those required by the TV.

I tried to manually insert IPv4 addresses into the TV, but since I was in my mother in law's home and without the comfort of my own computer, etc., I could not complete the gateway or DNS addresses. So, I do not know if this will work.

It is very frustrating that this cannot be linked together and would appreciate any help on offer. Particularly how to either enable IPv6 on the router if it is turned off. And also which addresses to use for the gateway and DNS servers. I assume that by randomly assigning a device IP address myself would be ok?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: TV Won't Talk to Router

Go to solution

Gateway and DNS address is 192.168.1.254 give the TV an address of 192.168.1.10

Message 3 of 3

Re: TV Won't Talk to Router

Go to solution
Many thanks, licquorice.
0 Ratings