cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

TV keeps dropping WiFi connection.

Upgraded to the new BT halo router and my Sony Bravia keeps dropping the WiFi. Never had issues prior to the new system.

it’s also very intermittent.  It’ll drop in and out over a 5 min period then be fine for the rest of the evening.  No other issues.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: TV keeps dropping WiFi connection.

There is no Halo router as halo is an add on so you must have the SH2

have you turned of smart setup  

https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/what-is-smart-setup-on-the-bt-hub--how-can-i-turn-it-on-and-off

Have you tried setting the WiFi channel manually instead of auto

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Thanks.

I did switch off the smart setup, made no difference.

WiFi channel manually instead of auto.  On the TV? Wouldn’t really know what to do!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

No not on TV. In the hub manager then wireless and you should be able to set channel manually. I would use a WiFi analyser on mobile to see channels in use and then try a select the least congested channel

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

@pmilne 

Could it be that the TV switches between the 2.4 & 5GHZ bands as they are named the same?

I'd turn off the 5GHZ band as for most users it's unnecessary and with the same SSID some devices get confused.

0 Ratings