cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 16

Re: Tri band WIFI 6E router to replace BT SH 2

Go to solution

Hi Monir

The Disc was connected via WIFI so given its Half Duplex x 2 hops I would anticipate the throughput should be around  866/4. I did expect the connection between the HUB and Disc to be more sophisticated, but it appears that that is not the case.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 16

Go to solution

Having connected it up using an ethernet cable I discovered that the disc really does not like being connected to the Hub via ethernet. Performance is terrible. So I am not sure that they are designed to be connected that way except on disc setup.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 16

Go to solution

What do you mean by it really doesn't like it, is it just speed that's bad?

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 16

Go to solution

Hi Monir 

The PHP dropped to 34 so the connection speed was very low.

This has been tried before as a search on the internet brings up archived posts that are not available to view.

A ChatGPT enquiry came back with a response suggesting that the disc was never designed to be connected to the hub using an ethernet cable, other than for set up.

Certainly connecting the Disc this way causes a reconfiguration of the port on the SH2 as it temporarily stops working when you reconnect a PC. (no internet for a brief period). (All my LAN ports are in use).

The disc when connected using WIFI does create a mesh (all devices now have an excellent connection when formally some had poor irrespective of whether they are connected to the SH2 or Disc), however the mesh is unevenly distributed, giving maximum speed if the device is connected to the SH2 as opposed to the Disc.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 16

Go to solution

Ah, I see. I've never heard of that kind of behaviour before. I asked you as I had seen this video but I never thought that all of the issues that you'd mentioned would come to occur.

https://youtu.be/E_RgfU0cp1Y

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 16

Go to solution

Hi Monir

Having watched the video I tried again this time switching the disc off before plugging in the ethernet cable. It now works at full speed.

Next job is to run a network cable via the coving into the plasterboard covered wall partitions 

0 Ratings