cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Unable to change settings in my hub 2

Go to solution

Hi all,

Im new to this forum having recently moved from EE.

My question as in the title is that I cannot change settings within hub. After ‘saving changes’ hub settings are the same. I’ve even factory reset hub and haven’t had to make any changes to connected devices,I would have thought that I would have had to re-enter password key to connect my devices after the re-set.

So I’ve spent to many hours now trying to get it to happen and would therefore be grateful for your advice.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Unable to change settings in my hub 2

Go to solution

Hi @lunac58,

Welcome to BT and to our Community.

What settings are you trying to change?

If you haven't changed the wireless network name (SSID) or the wireless password, then each device will still have the details stored on them and those devices will attempt to connect to your Smart Hub 2.

Thanks
DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Hi and appreciate your response.

I m trying to create a port forwarding rule as I have a music server which requires an open port to allow music stored locally to be accessed whilst away from home.

No matter how many times I’ve tried the router will not accept changes. I check the orange drop down ‘save changes box’ but when I page back to check settings it states : ‘No port forwarding rules have been set’

I checked with ‘BT Technical’ and they told me to use the app. Well there’s only limited functionality within the app so no help there!

Your help would be appreciated .

As a foot note!have recently moved from EE and had not problem setting port forwarding within there router.

Yo Ho Ho.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

After you have set the rule, press the + symbols as if to create another rule and then press save

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Hi thanks for quick response,

I have tried that also .

TIA

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Did you factory reset the hub via the recessed button at the rear or via the management page? If the latter, try the reset button. Press for about 20 seconds until the lights flash.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Yes reset via HuB Manager and also small hole at rear of hub.

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks for responding, tried that also.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

The situation is now resolved. BT engineer connected to hub via Ethernet cable and was immediately able to resolve issues. It would seem that connection to home hub page/admin via my iPad would not  verify any changes that I made. Terribly frustrating 2weeks but changes made and all well. Hope this helps anybody having same issues?

Wishing all community a Happy Healthy and prosperous New Year 🙏

0 Ratings