cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Using my BT Smart Hub 2 with a TP-LINK Archer AX6000 and M5 Decos

Hi, my current set up is a BT Smart Hub 2 (wireless router), which I've connected a 'master' Deco M5 to. I then have a further 5 Deco M5 around the house and out buildings

I have just purchased a new Archer AX6000.

Does the Archer AX6000 replace the BT Smart Hub 2? Or do I still need the BT 

Also, I wish to use the AX6000 plus connect the Deco M5s and make use of both the AX6000 and the Decos

Do I link the AX6000 to my existing BT Smart Hub, and then connect the Decos to the AX6000 or keep the 'master' Deco plugged into the back of the BT Smart Hub?

Any suggestions, would be welcome.  

Thank you,

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Using my BT Smart Hub 2 with a TP-LINK Archer AX6000 and M5 Decos

do you have digital voice?  if so then SH 2 need to be first connection to internet

do you have FTTC or FTTP as AX 6000 is just a router

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Any particular reason for buying the AX6000? To what purpose do you intend to use it?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

An uneducated purchase. We live in an old house with thick stone walls and I thought that if I bought a 'better' WIFI router, it would improve the situation!
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

All I have at the moment, is the BT Smart Hub 2 (connected to my ISP), and the TP-Link Deco 5s
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

An uneducated purchase. We live in an old house with thick stone walls and I thought that if I bought a 'better' WIFI router, it would improve the situation!

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

No, digital voice either. 

0 Ratings