cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 15

Re: VPN server no longer working since moving to BT

Go to solution

I don’t need to access my local LAN, just access the internet from the remote VPN client.

My local LAN is 192.168.0.0 with my router address at 192.168.0.1

My remote VPN client has an address of 192.168.1.14

This is very strange.  As stated above, the VPN client on my mobile phone connects to the VPN server on my router BUT has no internet access.

However, if I disconnect the VPN client on my mobile phone, use my mobile phone as a hotspot for my laptop, start the VPN client on my laptop, my laptop connects to the VPN server on my router and I have full internet access.  It’s working as it should on my laptop.

I’m now confused as to why VPN works from my laptop but not from my mobile phone.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 15

Go to solution

Found the answer on another forum!

Issue Description/Phenomenon:

After updating the Android OpenVPN Connect software to V3.4.0, the Omada Router as an OpenVPN Server, the phone can connect but the data is not available.

After updating the
iOS OpenVPN Connect software to V3.4.2, the Omada Router as an OpenVPN Server, the phone can connect but the data is not available. It was just a coincidence that it happened when I moved to BT.

Available Workarounds/Solutions:

1. We recommend that Android users do NOT upgrade to the latest 3.4.0 OpenVPN Connect.

2. For users who have already upgraded, there are two suggestions as follows:

a. Edit the exported OVPN file, delete the no from the string comp-lzo no, or change from no to adaptive (comp-lzo adaptive

b. Downgrade your OpenVPN Connect to 3.3.4.

Message 13 of 15

Go to solution

Well done for finding and posting the solution - often a thread just ends without a conclusion which can be frustrating for others with the same issue.

Changing multiple things at the same time always makes problem tracing more difficult and not just in IT.

Message 14 of 15

Go to solution

It drives me mad when people don’t post the solution.  It seems very selfish when others have been trying to help.

I was unlucky in that the VPN client update was around the time of my move to BT which sent me down a few dead ends.  I’m pleased it’s all working now and I appreciate the help and suggestions I was given.

Message 15 of 15

Go to solution

Yeah the amount of times I scroll through a post where someone is having the same issue and Im excited scrolling through until it goes dead 😕

I actually make a point of coming back here to post full writeups of some of the issues I have incase anyone googles it later on.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquity ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra