cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Very Consistent Ping spikes every 2 Minutes

At the beginning of the year I started getting frequent lag spikes when playing games online ( CSGO, DotA2, Rocket League etc ) but not had chance to chase this due to a recent child.

From the ping plotter below ( pinging google every 1 second ) it is strangely consistent where I will often get a spike  up to 1000ms every 2 minutes exactly for a number of seconds which renders the above games unplayable. Download speed never noticeably drops during this period and have no issues with streaming / downloading files

danhawes_0-1697327586476.png

( This image is actually from when I was trying while connected to a VPN based in a nearby location - this actually reduced the peak of the spikes down from 1k to 700ms on average )

I currently use a Smart Hub 2 & I have attempted the following to try and isolate the issue:

- Removed all powerline adapters and use a direct Ethernet connection

- Installed fresh copy of windows on a different drive

- Tried the above ping plotter test on Mac OS laptop to same result

- Had a new Smart Hub 2 sent out

-Turned off wireless on the router so this machine was only one connected to network

Trying to ignore most of the buzzwords around latency such as Bufferbloat but this following test seems to indicate a massive increase in latency during sustained upload 

https://www.waveform.com/tools/bufferbloat?test-id=7d207a0d-2a09-42a9-ad39-cf5f9bcf6599

(The same results for the above test was achieved on a Direct wired desktop, WiFi Laptop & a smartphone connected by Wifi )

Any help would be much appreciated as I am almost at the end of my tether!

Thanks,

Dan

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Very Consistent Ping spikes every 2 Minutes

Bump

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Very Consistent Ping spikes every 2 Minutes

I think you will find that replies aren't compulsory, if anybody has anything to say they will say it.

0 Ratings