cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 17

Poor 4G Signal for Hybrid Connect

Go to solution

I have looked at other posts on this subject, placed the device in the window and bought additional antenna but still only get one bar. Any other suggestions or shall I just send this back as useless?

0 Ratings
16 REPLIES 16
Message 2 of 17

Re: Poor 4G Signal for Hybrid Connect

Go to solution

I only get one bar, but the device works if I lose my broadband connection.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 17

Go to solution
Thanks. Is there anyway I can test this by say removing the broadband cable from the back of the hub or does it need to be initiated by BT?
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 17

Go to solution

Hmm, I thought I replied to this last night but must have hit the wrong button.

Yes, you can test the device by simply disconnecting your broadband cable. Bear in mind it will take a couple of minutes before the hybrid kicks in. When you replace the broadband cable, it can take several minutes for the switch back to happen. I assume the delay in both directions is deliberate to stop flip flopping on a short break.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 17

Go to solution

@Alan_in_Hemel 

Have you tried moving the Hybrid Connect to another room? Anywhere with a decent WiFi connection to the hub will work. It can’t use the WiFi signal from a disc though, it has to be the hubs WiFi.

Our hub is in the living room and the Hybrid connect is upstairs where the 4G signal is stronger. It’s perfectly happy up there.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 17

Go to solution

I have tried moving the hybrid connect around the house, but the signal does not improve. I just think we are in an area of poor EE signal.

I tried disconnecting the broadband line and it took about three minutes for the hybrid connect to sort itself out. However, the wi-fi was very poor and kept cutting out and none of the wired devices could get any broadband at all. After reconnection it took about three minutes to stabilise the broadband again.

My conclusion is this BT 'benefit' is not going to do much for me.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 17

Go to solution

The delays are normal, 3 minutes is perhaps slightly longer than expected, but I think your conclusion is probably right.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 17

Go to solution

I just had a long chat with BT Technical Support who suggested my test would not work, as the hybrid connect hub has to be initiated by BT in a fault situation to get a network connection. They suggested keeping the hybrid hub in the box and only bringing it out when needed! I am not sure this gives me great deal of confidence.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 17

Go to solution

As usual, they are talking utter nonsense. The hybrid connect, as you have discovered, switches in automatically on broadband failure.

What they are talking about is the 4G mini hub not the hybrid connect.

Message 10 of 17

Go to solution

This is really frustrating as I clearly said it was Hybrid Connect that I had.  I have packed it away now and cannot be bothered to get it out again as it never worked for me anyway.  Is it worth complaining to BT and if so what is the best route to do that?

0 Ratings