cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

WI FI Connectivity.

Recently been converted to Digital Voice along with new broadband contract, which quoted DL speeds of 150MBPS.  However, the max speed obtainable DL on desktop is 98MBPS.  This using BT 600 extender flex, connected to port 1 of router and other extender connected via ethernet to desktop, located on 1st floor of property.

I am assured approx 150MBPS is reaching the property. but from there on speed is lost.  Not practicable for PC to be moved nearer router, hence the use of extenders.

When installed, the router was placed behind a TV, near  window and metal radiator, all of which is  a "don't do" within installation advice.

Please does anyone have an easy solution ?

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: WI FI Connectivity.

@OAP41 

The BT600 extender only has a 100mbs Ethernet port, so you are never going to get a faster connection using them. You could try faster ones, assuming your PC also has a faster than 100mbs port.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Thank you for your prompt response.

Do you have suggestions for alternative  extenders ?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Do you have a particular need for faster speed? What is it that you are unable to do with the speed you have?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Thank you for your information. I shall look into that.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

My previous router (prior to changeover) produced around the same speed as present.

In recent weeks, the signal to mobile (EE) seems sluggish, even when 4ft from router.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

As already suggested, I would check the specification of your PC before you go throwing money away, if it's an old(ish) machine then you're not likely to better 100Mb/s anyway regardless of how fast the connection to it may be

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Thank you for your info.  Could well be PC is "outdated", although 4 years old, but then suppose technology has moved on in leaps and bounds.

Thanks again.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

4 years is ancient these days, having said that the one I'm using to type this message is fast approaching 10, it's a bit like triggers broom (reference to fools and horses) 😀

0 Ratings