cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

WIFI calling stopped working between calls

Go to solution

Hi,

I have an iPhone (IOS15.5) a BT SIM only contract and BT Fibre-2 broadband.  I've had this fir years and it mostly works fine.  I rely on calling-over-wifi as there is no signal in my house.

This morning, I ended a call and was unable to make another one.  That was 5 hours ago.

I hadn't changed any settings, updated anything or installed anything.

I have reset my iPhone's network settings, reset my router, reset my iPhone, switched wifi-calling off and on, switched 4g (and Volte) off and on etc.  I have done this multiple times in multiple orders to no avail.

My internet connection is fine, my WIFI connection is fine (I can place audio and video FaceTime calls), but no wifi-calling.

I am exhausted trying all these things. I am also missing incoming calls.  Does anyone have any ideas for me to try?  

...BT said 'not us'...

Thanks,

J.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: WIFI calling stopped working between calls

Go to solution

I guess you need to isolate whether it's the phone or network. Do you have the WiFi Calling icon showing? Not really relevant as I'm Android, but on various Samsung phones the icon has randomly disappeared & the only way to get it back is a power cycle.

If you have a BT Hub & BT WiFi enabled, try connecting to the hotspot SSID instead of the router's SSID. If still no joy have a wander down the street & try connecting to a neighbour's hotspot.

Edit

Hmm, I've just gone to make a call & have also lost it. Power cycle hasn't restored it either. Coincidence?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution
cheers. Good idea re a neighbour's wifi.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

Didn't work when connected to my neighbour's wifi.  I just remembered that something did happen today.  My phone;s name reset itself from what I have given it to the default 'James' Apple iPhone'.  I will try my SIM in another phone and after that do a full reset of my iPhone.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

Use private Wi-Fi addresses on iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch - Apple Support

Try disabling MAC randomisation (see above).

Going by what you said, I'm wondering if your phone has picked up a new IP address because of MAC randomisation and the name of the phone on the hubs network manager has thus reverted back to the default.

How that would account for loss of Wi-Fi calling I don't know but it might answer part of your question

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

I've also just connected to a neighbouring BT router (not hotspot) & still no WiFi Calling.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

OK, rang BT (again) and they are now saying that they discovered a massive nation-wide fault preventing wifi-calling.  It is not expected to be fixed until tomorrow night.  Apparently it has never happened before...

Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

Just after I threw out the Signal Assist box after BT told me it was switching off the service. If I were a conspiracy theorist this would confirm that they are out to get me.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

Back for me this morning after a power cycle.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

Was working for me this morning as well.

0 Ratings