cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Weird issue with 2.4ghz wireless ( BTHub 6 )

Go to solution

Hi all

This is a weird issue ? - for some reason, I cannot get my wifi CCTV cameras to connect to the Hub 6. The cameras can ONLY connect using the 2.4 Ghz band ( thats the spec of the cameras. I have tried everything I can think of ? It must be the hub 6 because they connect perfectly with the " old " Hub 5 ,as they always have done. Ive even disabled 5 Ghz band of the hub 6, saved the settings, still no good. I have logged in to  the wireless settings of both hubs, and the settings of hub 6 are pretty much the same as in wireless channel used, security type etc , im stumped. It could even possibly be incompatibility of my CCTV cameras with the hub 6 ? i just dont know. With hub 5 , the cameras set up with ease using the " app " - any thoughts please - thanks

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Weird issue with 2.4ghz wireless ( BTHub 6 )

Go to solution

did you split the 2.4/5ghz networks and give them different SSID then try and connect to the 2.4 ghz SSID

another possibility is to rename the hub6 to the name SSID of the your previous hub 5 and use the same wifi password and see if your wifi devices will connect

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Weird issue with 2.4ghz wireless ( BTHub 6 )

Go to solution

Thanks for the quick reply, 

I managed to sort it out. 

In advanced settings / Wireless on the hub 6, - when I " hovered " over  the question mark adjacent to " Wireless Mode " it refers to modes, 1,2 and 3 - and any connection issues with mode 1, try mode 2 etc etc ....as it was already set to " mode 1 " , I toggled to mode 2 , saved the setting, and then deleted one of the cameras, tried installing same camera to hub 6 ... and ... hey presto, it worked. ( rather happy with myself ) . So that is indeed a useful setting. thanks for the forums help

0 Ratings