cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 26

Re: When Will WiFi 6 be with BT ?

For me personally on a 900mb connection, I separated the 2.4 and 5ghz bands as I had specific devices that needed to have the best possible speeds but also devices that just only needed to have a connection. For the devices that only need the speed I'd connect them to the 5ghz while the others would be on 2.4ghz. The 2.4ghz band is quite slow for me(about 50mbps,but it still offers a connection) but the 5ghz band is uncongested when I need it meaning I get good speeds(sometimes about 700mbps). BT not allowing you to split bands just makes it the more harder to get a good speed since you can't control which bands you want to be connected to, requiring users to find wierd ways(like me)to split the bands. 

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 26

Hi Monir

The WIFI Disc supports a mixture of devices some of which only connect on 2.4 band eg smart meter, so it needs to allow devices to connect on both bands, which in its current configuration works fine, allowing devices to connect on the highest band, devices are connected on both. Interestingly the 2.4 band devices do not show as connecting via the disc, however they must be as the signal strength is now excellent to each according to My BT and the browser based hub management page. I just need to grab a long ethernet cable and experiment. 

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 26

How far away are your disc and hub

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 26

About 5 m, however there is a lots of woodwork in between the two so the connection is Good not excellent
0 Ratings
Message 25 of 26

Its a three story house so the Hub does one side and the Disc the other

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 26

You should manually check signal strength and many other things. A good app for this on android is analiti, I'm not sure about iOS but check it out

0 Ratings