cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Whole Home WiFi not working correctly

My new Whole Home WiFi is now connected to new BT Smart Hub 2. Signal out on 2.4GHz band is up and down like a yo-yo. My phones refuse to connect via these discs, like before on a previous router, but ok when connected to smart hub wifi. Cannot find contact details for BT help. Whole Home WiFi web browser will not connect on my PC as it is an insecure http link address! and so is protected for security reasons from accessing.  Any help with finding BT help number would be appreciated before I cut my losses and dump this new kit.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Whole Home WiFi not working correctly

Probably need to elaborate a little more on your setup but these discs operate best when the BT Hub WIFI is switched off otherwise it can interfere with the Wholehome Radios, especially the 2.4Ghz which is already heavily congested.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Have tried switching off the router wireless, negligable improvement. Have tried experimenting with changing the channels for the 2.4GHz band which is the one with all the issues, again negligable improvement.  I have a neighbours WiFi signal that is 10dbm higher than mine and I think this is what disrupting my signal. The wireless band is getting too busy, 8 neighbours are trying to use it, and will only get worse as time goes on. Have discussed at length with my networking company expert and they say that it is best to return the BT Whole Home system and buy another  companies mesh flexible system. This is what I am going to do as I must be able to use WiFi Calling as there is virtually nil mobile signal in my home. Thanks for your help.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

There really isnt much can do about the 2.4Ghz band if its super congested, you have basically 1,6 or 11, that dont already overlap with each other, no amount of expensive WIFI equipment can solve that issue. If you use channel 3 you'll be overlapped by 1 and 6 etc....

You can get a WIFI analyser app and perhaps see what channel next are using....if they are on 11 then you can use 1 or 6, you'll just need to pick the one with the least interference as there will always be some, our baby monitor used to send our Wholehome 2.4Ghz loopy and vice versa.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings