cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Whole home WiFi setup

Go to solution

Hi, I just added the whole home WiFi add on with my new contract. They posted out the disc for me which I've just tried to setup. Note the word disc not disks. This is where the confusion has started. There's no instructions or anything just a return your old unit postage label in a brown box. Like this is to replace a faulty unit. The online guid says to plug it in and launch the whole home WiFi app. The first thing this asked is if I have a twin or triple pack, there's no option for one. I used the online chat to ask what to do and the support guy said they had started sending out single packs first and then can send more if needed. He said to just select twin pack in the app and install from there. I got him to agree to send more discs as it's replaced an existing mesh with 4 nodes. However I've just tried to select twin pack and now I've got past step 1 I get stuck at step 2 as it says plug it in the router and connect to the disc WiFi as per the settings card that came with it. Now I have no card with the disc and it's not outputting any WiFi network despite a solid blue light. The router doesn't show any active discs either. So have I just been sent the wrong thing and can they really send out single discs if the instructions state the first node must be wired, which seems to make a single node network useless for most people.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 3 of 3

Re: Whole home WiFi setup

Go to solution

Ahh that explains what it is. Still baffled it came with absolutely no documentation at all. Literally a brown box with the disc, power supply and a pre paid return label. Still can't see any quick start guide online, but the "complete WiFi" page does say I need a different app. So I'll go install my 4th BT app 🙂

0 Ratings