cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Why is a home move so difficlut?

So, we have move house and we still haven't seen an engineer arrive at the new address to install our home line and wifi, this has been going on for over a month now.

Recently we had to cancel our original appointment due to a family member testing positive for COVID so we had to cancel the initial appointment, which is understandable. The first rescheduled appointment was due to arrive on 24.11.20 8-1pm , come 11am i phoned BT to see if the engineer was still arriving i was told by a lady from the Ireland office that the engineer was still arriving, fair enough. Come 1pm still no engineer, after being on hold i got through to someone in the Leicester office who then said the engineer had been cancelled and we should have been informed via Open Reach and BT, a double communication should have been sent out. This second person then said they would book a further appointment for 26.11.20 AM appointment again.

I took a second day off work to wait for the engineer, same thing happened again, come 11am i phoned BT for the fear of no one arriving. When i got through to someone in i think the Bristol office they said they couldn't find the appointment and no engineer would be arriving. This person then said they would book a further appointment for today 30.11.20 am appointment. My Wife swapped her shifts to stay at home, again no engineer turned up and the woman who my wife spoke to who promised to call her back with an update from Open Reach never did?!? 

My Wife has now been told that the appointment has always been to visit the property on the 4.12.20, which might have been fine if we had been told in the first place but having been given repeated false information this shows a total lack of customer service, its beyond poor, there are no words to say how poorly we have been treated, especially being a loyal customer for over 15 years plus we have BT sport. Suffice to say i doubt we will stay with BT for much longer unless something drastic changes our minds.

Not that 2020 has been bad enough what with my Mother having open heart surgery, my Wife catching COVID plus my Father in law now in hospital wit kidney stones, the lack of organization at BT simply stinks. 

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 12

Re: Why is a home move so difficult?

Hello @mead170375,

Can a MOD or ADMIN please reply back to this IMPORTANT POST ASAP 👍!

--

Kind regards,

DanTMan64

Products with BT: BT Fibre 2 (Unlimited) with Landline
Router: BT SmartHub 2 (Will be changing to a third-party one soon)
Router sync speeds from the local Cabinet to my router:

Download - 66.698mbps
Upload - 20mbps

If you like my post or if it helped you, please thumbs up & click on Kudos button.jpg button. If your problem is solved by my post please click MaAS button.jpg button 🤗‌‌.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

@Anonymous 

If @mead170375 already has an appointment for friday 4/12 there is no point trying to involve mods as they will not be able to do anything to improve the appointment time.  however should engineer not turn up then @mead170375 should post back

@mead170375 are you waiting for phone line and FTTC  or is it FTTP that you are getting in new home?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 12

Hello @imjolly,

Alright I'm ONLY trying to help, I'm new to this Community 'thing'. I just need too get trained etc alright.

--

Kind regards,

DanTMan64

Products with BT: BT Fibre 2 (Unlimited) with Landline
Router: BT SmartHub 2 (Will be changing to a third-party one soon)
Router sync speeds from the local Cabinet to my router:

Download - 66.698mbps
Upload - 20mbps

If you like my post or if it helped you, please thumbs up & click on Kudos button.jpg button. If your problem is solved by my post please click MaAS button.jpg button 🤗‌‌.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

@imjolly, The appointment time and date is kinda now irrelevant.

The point of all this is to point out how poor, putting it lightly, BT have been. I've worked in call centers and know the power and trust of being on the end of the line to a customer and how truthful information can and should be the over powering source of information that you give anyone. When you don't it's just not professional and shows a deep lack of care and understanding. I know we are living in difficult times, but that does not excuse this work behavior I've experienced. 

FYI, We are due to have our home line number switched to our new property plus our Wifi needs moving to another room and activating, we have those little Wifi booster hubs at present. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

so are you getting a phone line installed and broadband?  if broadband is it FTTP - fibre to the premises or FTTC fibre to cabinet and normal phone line to your home?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

@imjolly , just out of curiosity, will answering your question help solve the issues?
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

Re: Why is a home move so difficlut?

Hi @mead170375 

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the Community!

I'm really sorry for all the problems you've had.  I can see you have had a tough time this year with what your Mum and Dad have been through and your Wife catching COVID.  I hope everyone is on the mend?

It's clear from your comments that you have had a rubbish experience and we will hold our hands up and admit that.  I completely agree with your comments and can see that your journey up to this point could have, and should have, been much, much better.

As @imjolly  has pointed out, there isn't much we can do from here to speed up Friday's appointment.  Could you please post back and keep us in the loop with how everything is going?  If you're still having problems we'll be about to lend a hand.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

it will help in that if engineer does not turn up then mods here can help if FTTC but you would need to contact FTTP team if FTTP installation

does not help get you engineer any faster than 4/12 - so you choice

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

Re: Why is a home move so difficlut?

@RobbieMac Friday's appointment might be wishful thinking seeing as we've had too many appointments date / time let downs that i'm happy to speak of. Here's hoping something will happen on Friday but i'm not holding my breath tbh and i'm completely fed up with the whole situation. What has lead the BT experience to be completely farcical is we've had Sky come out twice, once to install our old Sky box and then to install a new Sky Box, in the time BT have not visited once. Makes you think who is doing the better job and more concerned to actually keep the customer happy.
0 Ratings