cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Wi-fi bands

Go to solution

Hi  can I use both 2.4GHz and 5Ghz channels at same time as I have some devices needing 2.4 but some need 5   my previous providers router could take both at same time so hopefully my bt one can  any help in answering my question will be appreciated 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Wi-fi bands

Go to solution

Yes. That is automatically what happens.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Ok thank you , I went into the router’s settings and it’s set for 2.4  the 5 is in the off position so all I need to do is turn the 5 on also  is that right  sorry I’m not tec minded but I try  

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

yes  just toggle to on

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

in my router settings the 2.4 is on and 5 is off  I am not all tec minded and unsure about things so do i just turn on the 5 also or will that automatically turn off the 2.4 if I do  which I need for security cameras 

sorry to bother you 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

They should both be turned on by default. They only get turned off if the user turns them off. If you are not sure what you are doing don't change any setting. The Smarthub is designed to be plug and play.

If you have turned off 5ghz turn it back on. It will not turn off 2.4ghz.

Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Thank you when I received it the band was on 5 and I needed 2.4 to run cameras so had it changed to 2.4 and it looks like the person who did it for me turned the 5 off and turned 2.4 on so now I understand more I will just turn 5 back on so have both bands working and thank you for your help 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Thanks for the help someone I know changed it from 5 to 2.4 so I could connect my security cameras but he only changed them over so I’ll turn 5 back on also hopefully that will solve my problem 

0 Ratings