cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

WiFi calling drops out on Smart Hub 2 on Full Fibre 500 with BT Halo 3

In October 23 I upgraded to Full Fibre 500 (from 150) and I have no problem with speed getting 500 down and 70 up.

Before upgrading, I always used WiFi Calling  on my Pixel 6 at home as the O2 mobile signal isn't the best, and after upgrading (though not straight away) I have been experiencing call dropout.

At the point the call fails, the WiFi connection to the phone drops and resets, whereupon I can call again on WiFi.

I've checked adjacent wifi channel use and am reasonably sure there is no 5GHz contention.

Any ideas where I should look at next please?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: WiFi calling drops out on Smart Hub 2 on Full Fibre 500 with BT Halo 3

in your mobile settings/connections/mobile networks   do you have it set to use mobile data for calls whenever possible?  that way if your mobile signal is better then it will switch from wifi calling and drop call.  i had a problem similar and that solved it for me

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 5

@Barcudcoch 

Are you just using the Smart Hub 2 for WiFi, or do you also have an extender disk, or a full mesh system?

I had similar WiFi Calling drop-outs that I evenually proved to the setup of my Whole Home WiFi

Message 4 of 5

Yes @imjolly I set my mobile  to prefer WiFi calling over a year ago.

I spent some time checking my wifi setup, verifying I don't have channel contention (my phone chose channel 36 which a couple of other local routers also used) so I manually changed to channel 48, but this hasn't helped.

Incidentally a few days ago I was on a WhatsApp video call and explained the wifi calling problem to my pal. He said he had noticed some 'juddering' in my video and asked about channel interference. It does not seem that was the problem but it raises the question of whether there is some interaction between between my fully-patched-up-to-date Pixel 6 and my Smart Hub 2? Could a software update have triggered it?

I have tried to search Pixel support but could not find anything helpful.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

@Paul608085, I'm just using the Smart Hub 2 for WiFi - no mesh system. It gives a good wifi signal throughout the house.

0 Ratings