cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

WiFi disk or somthing as equal

Hi all 

Possible you can assist me with something?

Long story short, I was with EE which I have a router and Wifi disk. 

Which worked perfectly. 

But after a complete muck up with someone on EE, I have been transferred to BT. 

Now I have an EE router and Wifi disk which I cannot use. 

After some advice, I have now made the EE router a dumb hub. 

So I have the BT router connected to the EE router, then connected to the EE Wifi disk.

It works, but as you can tell it's not the more amazing thing to have set up at the moment. 

Is there a way on doing the following?

1. Setting up the EE router to use the BT connection? Buy changing the setting and using the BT login + password. 

or

2. Somewhat get the EE wifi disk to work with the BT router. 

Understand that number 2 is a massive issue, but I'm needing some ideas on if I can do this. 

or suggest the best thing to be able to connect to the BT router to extend my internet connection upstairs. 

Many Thanks

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: WiFi disk or somthing as equal

I'd suggest that you'd get more help from the EE Community Forum, as they're much more likely to have experience of using EE kit elsewhere. You'll need to establish exactly which EE router you have as there are several.

In theory, as long as you can access the admin setup & can enter a username & password for the Internet connection, you should be able to use it with the BT connection. Assuming that Digital Voice isn't part of the new setup, in which case you'd be stick with the SM2.

If you have a BT SH2 then the connection process for the discs looks to be the same. So you could try factory resetting it & then trying to pair to the SH2 with an ethernet cable, same as you originally paired it to the EE router.

Edit

It looks like you have to have the white EE router to use the disc & the EE description for that says it works with BT. So again, if DV isn't in the equation you should be able to set it up on the BT line.

Message 3 of 5

@GinGerBreadman007 wrote:

1. Setting up the EE router to use the BT connection? Buy changing the setting and using the BT login + password. 

Entirely dependent upon being able to access the PPPoE username and password which I suspect is locked to EE in the same way that the BT hub is locked to BT.

If you can access it, you just need the generic details of username of bthomehub@btbroadband.com and password BT

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Thank you for your feedback.
I have also posted this on the EE forms to see if i can get anyway.
I did try to connect the WiFi disk to the BT router but had no luck at all.
It seems its linked to the EE router someway
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Did you reset the disc & remove it from the EE rouer interface?

But as I said, according to EE's spiel for the Smart Router, you should be able to connect it to the BT line in place of the BT Hub.

0 Ratings