cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Wired Connection

Hello, quick question.

Who is the best person/organisation to be in contact with regarding installing ethernet in my home? 

As my router is quite far away from where I work in my office, I cannot use a wired connection so I was thinking I could possibly run the Ethernet line up my house wall to my office.

Any suggestions on who to contact to do this kind of job would be much appreciated.

I wasn’t too sure if BT would send someone or if I should get another person who works in this kind of job. 

Thank you, much appreciated 🙂

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Wired Connection

Check your local area. A competent local Computer Network engineer or a competent electrician who knows about networking cables would be your best bet.  

If your office is part of your house and on the same consumer unit you could buy powerline adaptors which use the electrical cables to carry your Internet connection instead of having to run Ethernet cable and you can easily fit them your self. They are just plug and play.

See link for Powerline adaptors. You do not need to use BT ones, there are other manufactures. TP Link are used by many of the forum users.

Powerline Adapters | HomePlug | Wi-Fi Extenders | BT Shop

Message 3 of 5

Thank you, I really appreciate the reply!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Also, what is the best way to get hold of an electrician or a networking engineer? 

Thank you 🙂

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Phone book Yellow pages or an Internet search for your area.

0 Ratings