cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

access to hub settings via bt app

I recently altered my BT Hub2 settings to switch off access overnight. Last night I needed internet access at midnight so logged into hub settings from my pc only to find the hub access setings could now only be changed using the BT 'App'

With no wifi on my phone I was unable to download the Bt app'

Eventually I managed to log into EE Wifi and download the app and change my settings. What a run around.

Perhaps someone could explain why a cloud based app is now necessary to change my router settings...

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: access to hub settings via bt app

Probably so that only the account holder can change the settings, not other family members.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

sounds reasonable but hub is already password protected! (albeit already written on back of router)
Perhaps Bt could notify customers about this awkard run around and point out that BT app is essential to operate Hub settings. (unless they did and I missed it)
I thought this info might be useful to others.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

It must be a long time since you changed the settings, they have only been accessible via the app for months if not years.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

I don't agree-settings were available via my pc only recently!

I updated bt Hub 2 access times via my pc in November 2023 in response to an article I read in Computeractive.

Anyway my original question was to enquire why this change had been made in the first place- I wondered whether it was for security reasons.

Do you remember-was any message sent to Bt customers stating that Hub access settings could only be changed via the BT app? 

Some of my friends don't have smartphones but continue to trade on the stock exchange without them! However I doubt whether they'd be interested in changing their hub settings.

As a follow up I shall explore if Apps which are really only programs or computer applications can be run on a pc.

I think the digital world is moving so quickly it's leaving some consumers behind-I'm beginning to struggle myself!!

0 Ratings