cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

New build help

I'm in a new build and trying to set my internet up. I've open reach box in my cupboard it's a smart hub 2

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: New build help

are you with BT Broadband if so which package?

do you have ONT like this and if so what colour are lights

ont-pon.jpg

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 13

If there is a SH2 in a cupboard at your property, presumably you are not the first occupant, otherwise you would have put the SH2 in there yourself.
Assuming there was an occupant before you , it seems they used BT as their supplier but have left the router rather than taking it with them, if the previous occupant told Bat they were leaving the address it may well now be disconnected by BT , not physically, but no longer a working account .
If you intend to use BT , then obviously you need to contact them an get an account set up for yourself, you probably will be sent another SH2 ( even though one exists ) the SH2 needs to be connected to the ONT an image of an ONT ( presumably also in the cupboard) has already been posted .
If I have jumped to the wrong conclusion , and the reason there is a SH2 in the cupboard is because you are a BT customer, with an account at that address , and you put the SH2 in the cupboard with the ONT yourself, then have connected the ONT and SH2 together, what lights are lit on the SH2 ?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

Mine is very similar but side ways with a bit of glass. When I plug it in. Its pon. Flashing  green.

Lan green

Full fibre 100 stay fast guarantee 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

It's a new build.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

New builds tend to have the ONT inside a plastic box to make it look better.
If the PON light is flashing , then Openreach have not yet been and authenticated the ONT onto the OLT , but that doesn’t explain how a SH2 router exists, Openreach don’t supply routers , they don’t know if it’s going to be BT , or Sky or anyone else supplying the service , Openreach only supply the ONT 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

It got mailed to me by bt.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

OK , so you have found the ONT , connected the SH2 yourself ( BT sent you the SH2 ) but no internet, that’s because the PON light is flashing and should be steady green .
Normally before you move in , Openreach visit the property and install the ONT and get it authenticated ( set up ) ready for the occupant to arrange service with an ISP ( like BT ) , for some reason your ONT isn’t authenticated, if the address was never successfully authenticated then the ISP shouldn’t be accepting an order for that address .
Is there anything unusual or messed up about your address ? , often when someone moves into a new build it’s still known as a plot number , occasionally the plot and street ( house ) number are alignment gets messed up , for example, you are told by the developer that your house is plot 10 and that’s house number 11 ,so you order service for No.11 but the developer told Openreach that plot 10 was house number 10 , so when you move in your ONT isn’t set up , because OR set up the house next door as the numbers were one out compared to what the builder told Openreach

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

try phoning the FTTP TEAM 08005874787 and have the serial number from ONT handy and hopefully they will be able to help you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 13

What date were you given for your service activation?

0 Ratings