cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

connecting samsung printer to bt router wireless

Go to solution

have a samsung CLX 6260 printer and tryying to connect wireless to router. I was with EE before and connecting wireless was a doddle. Since moving over to BT router, printer does not recognise new router for wireless.

I followed the same instructions on printer: set up/network setup/wireless/wlan settings and when it searched nothing comes up. it could pick up EE router straight away.

Is this a common issue with BT routers and how do igetaround this problem.

Thank in advance for your help

Praf

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: connecting samsung printer to bt router wireless

Go to solution

Try a factory reset of the printer and then try setting up again from scratch. If that doesn't work, temporarily turn off the 5Ghz wireless signal until the printer has connected and then turn it back on again. Some single band devices don't seem to like both WiFi bands having the same SSID for some reason and refuse to connect despite not being able to 'see' the 5Ghz signal.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Thank you will try.  Never had issue with EE routers. Even BT dont have answer. Will try your suggestion, thank you. I seen lots of ppl having issues connected to BT routers

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

The vast majority don't otherwise this forum would be inundated with posts and it isn't, just  the occasional post.

The factory reset will clear out any residual settings from the EE router that may be conflicting.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution
Thank you Licquorice, seems to have worked when I disabled 5Ghz. Spent 3 hours trying to figure it out. Really appreciate it. Even the BT boffs dont know about this. lol
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

@praf007 that's because very few are actually boffs who tinker with stuff... If you have an obscure geeky question, you're better off asking here first 👍

Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks Nigel. much appreciated

0 Ratings