cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

connection issues with either WiFi or fifa..

I feel stupid asking this, but I'm losing my patience with my partner, he plays fifa, his ps5 is one room away from where the super hub 2 sits (relatively thin walls and says excellent on the app), we just got full fibre installed a few days back.

it drops and lags quite frequently, of which I have to hear about as the broadband is in my name... 

is there any settings I can put onto the modem to reduce drop outs like a static ip or something?

(sorry I'll really not on top of all this stuff).

I can't really do a lan connection as I don't have power lines and don't want to drill through walls to put a cable plus if it's ea servers it would be no help anyway,  would the dot thing help with potential drops? (I play online on a different machine with good on the app so maybe it's not as intensive)

can see a log of drops to a specific device ?

apologies this is a bit long winded or a bit confusing!  

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: connection issues with either WiFi or fifa..

Message 3 of 9

thank you, I will give it a go!  I wouldn't of had an idea about that

or he could just admit he is rubbish at fifa 🙄 tee hee

Message 4 of 9

@Bikuni Did that sort it?  I am having dropped wifi on my laptop for 3-20 seconds at a time regularly.

BT Smart Hub 2 + BT Disc on full fibre 150Meg Halo FTTP
Macs and iphones, plus alexa, YouView box, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV+
CFP project lead.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

it seems to have helped a fair bit,  he also changed ps settings to not switch bands (now only 5ghz) 

I'm hoping that's all it is 🙂

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

@Bikuni Thanks for the update.  What PS5 settings were need to change?   I suggest it is probably the switching off of 2.5GH Band that is the trick.  Running dual bands probably causes wifi switching loss.

Unfortunately I can't switch off 2.4GHz as my CCTV system runs on that. I can't switch off the 5GHz Band as the BT Disc only runs on that.   Smart Hub 2 does not allow you to run the bands separately - whereas older Smart Hubs do.

So I am living with the problem now. Either I don't use 5GHz and lose the Disc and reception in far reaches of my house, or I don't have a CCTV system.

CFP project lead.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

@pmosbwrote:

@Bikuni Thanks for the update.  

So I am living with the problem now. Either I don't use 5GHz and lose the Disc and reception in far reaches of my house, or I don't have a CCTV system.

If it's a big problem for you and you are willing to fork out around £30 or less to sort it out then you should consider buying a powerline converter kit such as the TP-Link TL-PA4010KIT, this will enable you to create 2.4 G and 5G networks with different SSIDs' by turning the hub 2.4 carrier off if you wish.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

@Les-Gibson I think that may be an option.   Shame though. The Smart Hub 2 worked well for years - I just wonder what in the new firmware has caused this.

CFP project lead.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

@pmosbwrote:

@Les-Gibson I think that may be an option.   Shame though. The Smart Hub 2 worked well for years - I just wonder what in the new firmware has caused this.

Ironically I think it's a poorly thought out means of making life easier for the customer

0 Ratings