cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

constant ping spikes making gaming impossible as well as watching live streams

image.png

I have been experiencing these ping spikes for roughly 2 months now depending on the time of day they can get worse or better. I use a WiFi extension disk and at first thought that i was too far away from it so i moved my laptop closer and even tried connecting to it via an Ethernet cable put to my disappointment the ping spikes still remained. I honestly think that the last resort to get rid of these constant spikes would be  changing  providers,  so any help with this issue would be much appreciated 

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: constant ping spikes making gaming impossible as well as watching live streams

did you also try connecting your laptop  direct to router with ethernet cable to see if that solved the problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Re: constant ping spikes making gaming impossible as well as watching live streams

i have not, but even if it did fix the spikes i still want to be able to use my laptop in my own room

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Yes, but at least you will know if the problem is the WiFi (which it probably is) and can do something about it by running an Ethernet cable to your room.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

will try and get back to you

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

i am still receiving the spikes even with Ethernet plugged  directly into the wifi, these spikes usually start at around 7-8pm and can last past midnight

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Did you actually connect your laptop direct to the ethernet port on the hub not the WiFi disc and see if that solves the problem

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

yes is there anything else i should try?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

so there is nothing i can do except switch to another provider?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Which probably won't help, depending where the problem lies.

0 Ratings