cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

help: remove double nats for x-box with smart hub 2 and deco P9

Go to solution

Hi, struggling here as a beginner who is getting too old for technology and now has a headache from reading countless help guides. I am hoping someone from here can help and put me out of my misery? Bullet maybe required.

I have a smart hub 2 installed with FTTP, connected to this i have a tp link deco P9 which uses powerline and wi fi mesh around the house, this work seamlessly when using wi-fi around the house. The powerline connection works perfectly for connection throughout the work day.

But,

my son is struggling to play on his x-box due to errors coming up as double nat. this i believe is because the x-box sees that there are two devices in series before it gets to the internet, resulting in configuration issues??? I now know that the smart hub does not have the ability to be switched to bridge mode. Can i take the lead out of the hub and plug straight into the P9? I don't use digital voice?

Is there any advice that may give me hope in overcoming this problem ? Links, articles, anything please help.

many thanks in advance

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: help: remove double nats for x-box with smart hub 2 and deco P9

Go to solution

Assuming the TP Link P9 is a router, then yes, simply remove the BT hub. You need to configure the P9 WAN port as PPPoE with username bthomehub@btbroadband.com and password BT

Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

As @licquorice says you can remove the Smarthub and have the P9 as the router.

Or leave both the Smarthub (connected to the ONT) and P9 (connected to the Smarthub) in place but the P9 should be in access point mode. Google How to set up Deco to work in access point mode. I’d post the link but not sure if it’s allowed.

Best of luck!

Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Link is allowed, just e-commerce sites that aren't

Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Hi, thanks for this, i googled this and within 5mins had made the change to access point mode where my delighted son now informs me that the nat issue has gone away.

one happy old man. 

I am also reading up on the above suggestion using PPPoE setup to understand if this a different solution and what this offers.

thank you to both suggestions