cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

iphone to wifi printer

Go to solution

My package has changed to BT Halo 3.Internet connection fine and laptop and wifi Canon printer all working as before.

However,I keep losing the connection to the printer for my ipad and iphone.

All works fine after switching off router but the problem soon returns.

Colin Phillips

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: iphone to wifi printer

Go to solution

You do not mention which router you are using, if its a BT Smart Hub 2 then there is a thread here about the problem with a firmware update they pushed a week or so ago.  A remedy regarding the thread below is in hand however see  https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Devices/2-4GHZ-and-5GHZ-Bands-BT-Smart-Hub-2/td-p/1907547/page/18

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

@colinp1 

Apple in their wisdom introduced "Private Addresses" under the wifi connection , meaning that every time you reconnect to your wifi it assigns a different MAC address meaning that you get many more connections and IP Address assignments that will eventually use all the available slots in the router. The only way to clear the IP Address assignments is to reboot the router.

If this is the case for you then in your iPhone & iPad against the wifi tap the i icon to the right of the wifi connection and then turn off Private Address.

This may resolve your problem, even if it doesn't I think this should be turned off anyway for your home wifi.

Message 4 of 5

Go to solution
Thank you for response.
Additional I have switched off 5GHZ Band and problem has been resolved.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
Thank you very much.Switched off 5GHZ Band and now works
0 Ratings