cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

ipv6 setup with a 3rd party router connected to BT FTTP , solved for TP-Link Deco X60

Hi, there are many threads on this topic, however thought I would post my experience separately rather than pick a random existing thread.

Finally got ipv6 correctly configured to work with setup of-

BT FTTP, Openreach modem, TP-Link Deco X60 router with 2 x satellites.

After several configurations this one has proven to work, having checked the usual ipv6 web browser validation sites such as test-ipv6.ocm;  also my laptop and iphone 13 connetion-

Connection type: PPPoE

Sync IPv4 Account: On

Prefix Delegation: On

DNS Address: Auto

Assigned Type: DHCPv6

Hope this helps someone!

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: ipv6 setup with a 3rd party router connected to BT FTTP , solved for TP-Link Deco X60

Sorry to jump on this post. But I’m looking at getting these for myself with FF900 and not using the Smart Hub etc. Are you still using them and have you had any issues since posting this. Thanks 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Re: ipv6 setup with a 3rd party router connected to BT FTTP , solved for TP-Link Deco X60

Hi there, yes I’m still using them and have had zero problems with ipv6 setup since posting. I would certainly recommend them, depending on current price competitiveness.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Thanks for the reply back just ordered them now the 3 pack £220 on Amazon 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

I am trying to set my deco x95 to use IPv6 but no matter what setting I use, it seems to drop the IPv6 address after a few seconds and the Wi-Fi drops at the same time. It’s the strangest thing 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

I had the same thing with my AX95, make sure PPPOE username is bthomehub@btbroadband.com

NJackooo_0-1691745224114.png

NJackooo_1-1691745384453.png

Also, I found I had to reboot mine to get it to actually stop glitching out, once the settings were correct.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Thanks! I'll give it a go 

0 Ratings